- You will receive your locker assignment during Orientation week
- Coat check will be provided
- Do not bring your laptop unless you have scheduled to drop it off with ITG for configuration!
What to bring to the first full day of Orientation (Monday):
- Your fine self!
- ID (government issued only, you will receive your school ID during the week)
- Cell phone (if you have one)
- Money (for the social activity in the evening)
- Water bottle (there will be disposable water bottles available as well)
- Any other stuff that you need on a daily basis (prescriptions, spare contact lenses, etc.)
- Backpack (this will be provided)
- Pens / Pencils
- Food (there will be PLENTY of food provided during Orientation, including food for vegetarians, vegans and those requiring Kosher meals)
What to Wear During Orientation
The first thing to consider in terms of choosing your Orientation clothing is the weather. The temperature in NYC in January can be quite chilly and unpredictable - so be sure to check the weather forecast before attending Orientation.
Overall, attire for Orientation is very casual. Students typically wear shorts, jeans, dresses, skirts, etc. and casual shoes are totally OK. It is also worth mentioning that there are social events scheduled for each evening of Orientation, so you may want to consider “dressing up” for these events.